Stayfilm is an automatic film producer that allows you to produce and share films with soundtracks, effects and cinema quality from automatic selection of content from your social networks and your personal files. The Stayfilm platform is available for you to produce as many movies as you want.
2) Do I have to pay for subscribing?
No. Stayfilm is a free platform.
3) How can I contact Stayfilm team?
Contact us by email address email@example.com
4) Whats the minimum age to subscribe to Stayfilm?
You must be at least 13 years old to subscribe to Stayfilm.
5) Can I have a joint account on Stayfilm or share it with someone else?
The access to Stayfilm is individually granted, which means joint accounts are not allowed, and besides, you can only create one account on Stayfilm per e-mail address.
6) Why have I received a Stayfilm e-email invitation from a filmate?
You have received that email because a Stayfilm user is inviting you to join us. Our website allows members to send invitation to their contacts by whether inserting the e-email addresses or uploading their contacts.
In case you are already a Stayfilm user, your friend may have sent the invitation to an e-mail address that isn't currently linked to your account.
If you aren't a member yet and want to subscribe, you may use that email to get started on the subscription process.
7) How can I subscribe to Stayfilm?
Signing up for Stayfilm is very easy. Just click on SIGN UP button located on the main page.
You can use FACEBOOK CONNECT button to sign up for Stayfilm just inserting your full name, genre, birthday date, email address and password.
8) What is the difference between logging in and registering?
Registering If you still haven't got a Stayfilm account, you can register by following these steps: click on “Sign up” on www.stayfilm.com, then insert your name, day of birth, email address and choose a password.
Logging You can sign in to your account through the same webpage if you already have an account. Just click on "Log in” on the top part of the website and insert your email address and password.
9) I've received an email informing that I created a new Stayfilm account, but I have never subscribed to it before.
Someone has probably tried to register a new account on Stayfilm by mistakenly using your email address.In this case, please contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we will check about it.
10) There is an error message informing an account linked to my e-mail address already exists.
You can register a single account on Stayfilm per email address.
If you have already created an account on Stayfilm using that email address, you can request a new password.
In case you share this email address with someone who has already got an account on Stayfilm, you have to use another email address to create your own account.
11) I have mistyped my e-mail when I registered. How can I change it?
You can change your email address here if it is still linked to your Stayfilm account. Insert your new email in the email header and click on Confirm.
If you created an account with an e-mail address that is not yours and you still can't connect to Stayfilm, create another account with the correct email address.
If you are still having problems with the incorrect email, contact us (email@example.com) .
12) My name was rejected during the registration process.
We require all members use their real full names so that you aware of whom you are contacting. Specific names are blocked in order to avoid that fake or misleading information may negatively affect the way you share your information with your filmates. We are very sorry if your name was rejected by mistake.
If you are still trying to sign in on your individual account try again on www.stayfilm.com. If you are still having problems, contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org)
13) I have received an e-mail informing I created a new password, but I haven´t done that.
If you have received an email that was not requested regarding Stayfilm password change, apparently someone has mistakenly inserted your e-mail or user name while trying to sign in. It's likely to happen if you have got a common user name. No further actions will be taken and your account will still be safe, provided you don't click on the e-mail link.
14) How can I shoot a film on Stayfilm?
You just have to follow 3 steps to shoot a film on Stayfilm:
1. Agree that social network sites either search your information or upload files straightly from your computer or smartphone (videos and pictures), Insert a title keywords about the contents that you would like to see on your film;
2. Choose the film style;
3. And indicate one last tip about what the film is (just choose one of the options).
15) Can I download my film?
Yes.After published your film (private, friends or public) this option will be available next to this film.
16) How long does it take a film to be ready?
Currently it takes up to 2 minutes, depending on the speed of your Internet connection, but we are working on reducing the film producing length.
17) Is it mandatory to insert key-words on shooting a film?
Though not mandatory, it’s suggest you do. The search by content is done based on the keywords you have inserted to proceed to searching on social networking sites. Therefore, the more keywords you have, the easier will be to Stayfilm to perform that search regarding to what is just essential to your film.
18) What is the difference between theme and style?
The theme refers to the contents you have provided: a trip you have taken, a wedding party, a cookout, a birthday party and others. The style however is related to the format of the film that will be produced. You can choose from a range of covers that you prefer, such as: horror, adventure, love, technology, etc.
19) I have tried to shoot a film many times and got the warning there is insufficient content. What should I do?
The reason is that the search tool needs “tips” from you in order to find the content. If the search tool warns there is “insufficient content” it is because the information provided isn't enough to find it. In order to optimise that search, you need to insert keywords that identify the desired content of the film. Those keywords may be related to the titles of the albums, pictures/films or words on the file description. If you still can't shoot the film, select more social networking sites and/or upload files directly from your computer.
20) Can I change the title, theme and style after the film is released?
No. The film configuration can´t be changed after its release.
21) Are there Stayfilm applications to Smartphones?
Unfortunately not. But it's for a short time! We are already working on apps that soon will enable you to produce your films on Android, iPhone and Windows Phone.
22) Can I shoot a film on the Smartphone or tablet websites?
Yes! You can sign in on the site using the internet browser and shoot your film directly on web.
23) How can I remove a film?
You just have to click on the trash can icon next to your film.
24) How can I select who is going to see my films?
You can choose the status of your film as soon as the film is produced and before publishing. If you want to change after publishing, go to Settings (available option when watching your own film). You can configure your film as:
1. Private – you are the only one who can view you are online;
2. Friends only – restricted to your Stayfilm friends;
3. Public – anyone can view your films.
25) Is the film that I produced 100% private?
Yes. The standard film setting is Public, yet you can change this viewing option before releasing the film.
26) How can I cancel my account?
To cancel your account, contact us through your account e-mail to email@example.com
The following will happen if you permanently exclude your account:
You won’t be able to recover your account access again.
Most of the associated personal information will be excluded from our database, like your name, if you had sent a message to someone.
A copy of some material (pictures, films, etc.) may be kept in our servers for technical reasons, yet they will no longer be associated to any personal indexes and will become inaccessible to other Stayfilm users.
27) Can I log in on Stayfilm by using Facebook?
Yes. You can log in on Stayfilm using the Facebook Connect.
28) How can I edit my profile information?
In order to edit the information of your profile, you – being online on Stayfilm – have to click on your profile picture, then on settings. Once there, you can choose whether editing your “Access Data” (user name, email and password) and Personal Data (name, gender, day of birth, relationship status).
29) How can I edit my profile picture?
You can edit your picture on two ways:
1. Log in on Stayfilm Website and, below your picture, click on "Edit Picture".
2. You can also edit directly on your profile, clicking on "Edit Picture".
30) I have forgotten my password. How can I recover it?
If you have forgotten your password, follow the following steps:
1. Click on “I forgot my password” on login page;
2. Fill in the form with your registered e-mail;
3. When you receive the email about its recovering, click on the link to redefine and choose a new password.
In case you can´t follow this guidance, click here to redefine your password.
31) Can invite friends to join Stayfilm?
Yes, you can send invitations by clicking on the button “Invite Friends” on the left side of your homepage after you log in. You will be redirected to an area where you have to choose whether you will invite your friends by connecting the social networking sites (Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus) or by email.
32) Can I block the access from a Stayfilm user?
Not yet, but we are working on that functionality.
33) What is the size/resolution/format of images and videos that will be accepted by Stayfilm?
Images: JPG and PNG up to 40 MB per file; Videos: Whatever format up to 40 MB.
34) Is there an upload limit for videos and pictures per film?
Pictures: up to 100 files of 40 MB each, per film produced; Videos: up to 100 files of 40 MB each, per film produced .
35) Why is the videos uploading and processing so time consuming?
It may be due to connection matters, for not being able to cope with the uploading or overload on our servers. In case this happens, wait a few minutes and try again. We are always trying to enhance this process, making it easier and faster.
36) Can I choose the pictures that will be in my film?
No. The Stayfilm system automatically chooses the contents from the keywords you insert. If you especially like a picture and wish it appeared, you just have to insert keywords that facilitate the search or upload the picture directly from your computer.
37) Why don´t the uploaded videos completely appear in my film?
The Stayfilm aim is shooting an interesting film in a creative concept, which doesn´t allow for a complete video. We won´t provide you a slide show of your pictures and videos, therefore the system chooses the more interesting frames from the videos to be part of your film.
38) How can I choose a film like one I saw?
It is not possible, because the system intelligence is random and selects a template that best fits in your contents. If you dislike the film we produced to you, please click on shoot a film once more and tell us what you didn´t like.
39) Can I download the soundtrack of my film and use it in other videos, websites and applications?
The soundtrack licenses are automatically offered by Stayfilm for use in films produced only by the platform, but the user can download the film produced and / or share it.
40) Have I got to use the template soundtrack to the uploaded videos or they can keep the original audio?
The original audio will be replaced by the soundtrack of the film, based on the concept of getting the results quality that surprises you,
41) Can I send a track to be set as my film soundtrack?
No. For the time being, the used tracks will be only the ones licensed by Stayfilm. Try more styles to know more about the platform and to decide which one has more fit with you story.
42) Can I send my film to YouTube or Vimeo?
No, the film can be only shared on social networking websites. There is no sending option to other video data processing platforms due to copyright matters, since the film uploading is mandatory.
43) Can I tag people on my films?
Not yet, but we are working on that functionality.
44) If I share a film on other social networking sites, will it be public?
When a film is shared outside Stayfilm, it has to accomplish the privacy rules of the other social networking sites and becomes public on Stayfilm too, since it's already accessible outside Stayfilm. But if you published the film in private mode and you download it, the film status on the platform remains private.
45) When i send my film by email, will it be restricted to whom i've sent the link?
No. If you are able to share it by other means, it´s because its viewing is public on Stayfilm.
46) Can I change the privacy settings to all my profile?
Basic data of your profile (name, gender, day of birth, relationship status) will be public to any users. On the other hand, the films can be individually set as private, restricted to filmates or public.
47) How can I report a copyright violation?
Regarding this type of report, you have access the Report area and fill in the form.
48) How can I report a film with improper content?
49) What happens when I report someone on Stayfilm? It the person notified?
50) What happens to my account when Stayfilm proceeds to an examination on a potential copyright violation done by myself?
When we receive a copyright violation report from third parties, claiming the contents on the website violates copyrighted contents, we may immediately have to remove or disable the access to those contents on Stayfilm without notifying you. We can´t judge the disputes between the parties.
It is our policy to disable the accounts with recurrent violation history. Certify that all the contents you have released or that you will produce don´t violate copyrighted contents. If your contents removal is an isolated incident, most of the times, no further actions will be required to you.
51) I am not sure if I hold the copyrights or if someone is violating the mine. Can you help clarify it?
We can´t provide legal advice. If you are not sure that you are officially authorized to release any contents, we suggest you to ask for legal advice from an attorney of law.
52) What if I want to upload a given content on Stayfilm but I am not sure if I may violate anyone´s copyrights?
If you aren´t sure that is legally authorized to use that content, don´t upload it on Stayfilm. If you have already done it, you must remove it. In case you don´t own the copyrights on the contents that you want to upload, releasing it without the permission of the owner may be a law violation.
53) Do I own the copyrights on contents that I filmed from TV, live concert or Sport event by using my camera or cell phone?
The fact you have filmed the contents doesn´t mean necessarily that you own the copyrights on them or that you are authorized to share. The ownership renunciation doesn´t protect you from being charged of copyrights violation. We suggest that you ask for legal advice before releasing contents, should you have any doubts regarding being legally authorized or not to do so.